Tuesday 12 June 2012

Whale Watching in the San Juans

oh goodness, Its been a while since I've updated. This seems to happen alot. Booo me! This time it wasnt completly my fault. I tried to update but my computer just wasnt having it, so I've had this saved as a draft
Well I'll just get into it then.

Last month I went home because Douglas got us tickets to see The Black Keys, who happen to be the best band to see live. I still cant get over how amazing the show was.


The day before, we went whale watching.
 First we took a sea plane to Friday Harbor.





 It was my first time for both, as well as whale watching. Then we got on our tour guides boat and headed out through the San Juan Islands.


                                 Yup, theres a bald eagle hanging out with some crazy sea lions


Our captain decided to take up allllll the way up north to Vancouver, BC, which is where I live anyways. First thing I noticed was how disgustingly polluted it is over BC, and the ocean water was even brown. The kickup from the boat made the water look like Coca Cola Slushee. Yuck.



Finally we saw the Orcas! Maybe 6 or 7 of them. They were jumping and waving.


I have more whale photos but internet has been iffy.

Our sea plane ride home was exciting. We were leaving during sunset and went past Victoria, BC and also...we got to ride in the Evening Magazing plane!!!



We also went up to the Space Needle. I've lived in WA for 23 years and never went to the top of the needle.


Then of course, I had to come back home and go straight to school the same day :(

Well, thats it for today, I've been busy working on my final for my Special Effects class.
I'll post some photos from school soon!

-Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment